Sunday, November 8, 2009

Easy Chicken Stir-Fry

A big thing with me is being able to make fast, easy dinners for my family. Each of us is a big Chicken fan. So anytime I make a dinner involving chicken it's a good thing. Everyone will eat it! One big hit in our house is Teryaki Chicken Stir-Fry. I used to make the sauce from scratch, but have learn that in a house where we have 2 toddlers; time is of the essance!




For this recipe I usually start with 3 frozen chicken breasts, (sometimes they are thawed, it just depends on when I remember I am making this for dinner), and pop them in the microwave on defrost for 4 min. This usually thaws them enough so I can cut through them and make them in to bite size pieces. I start cutting and dropping into our stove-top wok, that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Once the chicken is in the Wok, I let it brown. This usually takes about 8 or so min on a med/high heat. While the Chicken is browning, I add a variety of spices/sauces. It depends on what type of stir-fry I am making. Tonight I added prepared crushed garlic, and some onion salt to the Chicken for flavor. I also added a cap full of soy sauce.



Once the Chicken is browned, I add the bag of Fajita Mixed Frozen Veggies (red, green & yellow peppers and pieces of onions) You can use any kind of frozen veggies you like. I just happened to have this bag in my freezer.
















I then mixed the veggies and Chicken together. On top of this I added the bag of Farkay Chow Mein Noodles, and about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of water. Turn heat down to medium. The steam from the water and the frozen veggies thawing will make the noodles soft. Stir a couple of times to prevent things from sticking to the bottom of the Wok, and from burning.







Once the noodles are soft, I add the VH Teryaki Sauce. This is excellent stuff! It's nice and thick and coats everything. It also gives the Stir-Fry a nice kick. Not to much, that my kids can't or won't eat it...it's just right! Once the VH Sauce is heated through....ENJOY!

















You can use any number of sauces with this stir-fry. There was one that I saw, a Mild Chili Sauce that I might try.....maybe on our next shopping trip!

































No comments:

Post a Comment