Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall Comfort!

One thing I love about Fall is, it means that I can make comfort food again! I LOVE making all the things that Grandma made as we grew up...with the exception of Hamburger Stew!
Today was a perfect fall day! It was sunny, crisp and you could smell fall in the air. So I thought Meatloaf! I never really cared for Meatloaf, until a couple of years ago. I think it's because I changed the recipe that Grandma used to make. Hers always was kinda dry.


So to start with I take 1 package of Ground Beef, and mix it with 1/2 a chopped onion., 1 box of Stove Top Stuffing (either Chicken or Turkey) and a probably 1/4 cup of BBQ Sauce. Although tonight I didn't use BBQ Sauce, I used a Dutch Ketchup that I grew up eating with my Dad. I mix everything together by hand, and put it in a casserole dish. That's it, then I put it in the oven at 350 for about 40-60min, depending on how big the package of ground beef is. Tonight was 40 min cause it was a small package.




Then about 10 min before the Meatloaf is done, I mix 1 can of Tomato Soup with 3/4 can of Milk, and pour it over top. Again tonight I didn't have Tomato Soup so I opted for Mushroom Soup...sooooooooooooo good! I think I might use Mushroom soup more often. I then put it back in the oven for about 10 min, or until it's starting to bubble and go a bit brown.

Viola! A Yummy, easy Fall Comfort Food Dinner!






I like having the soup on top becuase I like putting on the mashed potatoes. Tonight we had rice, because I uesed the last potaotes last night. We also had peas and cream corn! But enjoy anyway you want!

2 comments:

  1. Now see, I love hamburger stew :) That is comfort food to me. If you could pass on some of Grandma and Granny Davie's recipes that would be great! thx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewww...Cathy hamburger stew....lol
    I'll go through the recipes and see what I have.

    ReplyDelete