Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Mommy are you having another Baby?"

I'm fat. There I said it...*phew* No two ways about it...I have gained a significant amount of weight in the past 10 years. 100lbs to be exact! I knew that this was happening, I could see it happening, well EVERYONE could see it happening. I had attributed it to having 2 kids. But really who am I kidding. I just got lazy. I got lazy about my eating and my exercising. THAT'S what caused all of this extra weight to pile on.

I had decided that it was time to get rid of it. I have tried EVERYTHING. Low-Carbs. No-Carbs. Low-Fat. No-Fat. Slim-Fast. Jenny Craig. Nurtisystem. You name, I have probably tried it. HOWEVER, back in 2004 I had joied Weight Watchers and lost 35lbs. I managed to keep this off until I got pregnant with Cole. While pregnant I gained 42lbs. Which all but 10lbs came off in the weeks following me giving birth. These 42lbs slowly started to creep back on. I never bothered really to try and lose them. Then in 2007 I got pregnant again. This time I gained 29lbs. I know it's less then what I gained the first time around, but I was WAY heavier. I have never told anyone but my sister how much I weighed the day I had Ethan in September 2008. K...here goes....I was 244lbs! YIKES! Yes, I was FAT! After having Ethan I lost all 29lbs right away. But in the 2 years since, all but 4lbs have come back on.

So, back in October 2010 I was watching TV with Cole and the lady on the show was pregnant. Cole ever so sweetly turns to me, pats my stomach and says "Mommy, is that why you are so fat? Are you having another baby?".....ya, 2 days later on October 23, 2010, I joined Weight Watchers! I weighed in at 240lbs! 4lbs lighter then the day I had Ethan. I cried all the way home from the meeting. How could I have let this happen? I had to take charge!

I got home and cleaned out the cupboards. I made a shopping list, and stuck to it! I have counted my points, I have exercised.....I got lazy again...UGH!
It wasn't until January 1st that I decided that this year was MY YEAR! I was going to do everything I wanted to do. That includes losing 100lbs!
So this is my promise to myself. This blog is going to keep my accountable for my eating. While I have to track my points and go and weigh in every Saturday morning at my meetings, this blog is now going to keep me accountable because I have to tell all of you, My Readers, exactly how I am doing; and I am not going to lie, fudge the truth or lie by omission! In my blog I am now going to make Weight Watcher recipes that the whole family can eat and enjoy! If I can do this, anyone can!
So my progress so far, in the weeks since that fateful October 23rd weigh in, I have gone up and gone down. I was down 9lbs...and then Christmas happened and I went up 2.6lbs! uh...oh....here we go again! Nope. I had another weigh on Saturday January 15th, and I was down 1lb! For a total of 7.4lbs lost. YAY ME! Every little ounce that comes off brings me closer to my goal weight. My next weigh in is Saturday, January 22nd.

Stay tuned for Weight Watcher Recipes! There are tonnes, that I am going to be trying out!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to watch your success. You are very brave and I can't wait to COPY all your recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave girl! Good for you. If I had to post my weight on my blog all the time, I'd probably stick to it as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete