Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Day Dinner!

Happy New Year everyone!
I know I have been slacking in the blogging department, but with Christmas and the Holidays it was just a bit too much. I had thought I would like to blog some of the baking I did, but when it came down to it, I didn't do much baking at all. Some Sugar Cookies, which I have already blogged the recipe for, and some Buttertarts. That's it!

I thought though that I would blog New Years Day dinner for everyone. I was the lucky (or unlucky in my thoughts) one to not have to cook a Turkey for Christmas this year at all. So I chose to do New Years dinner for everyone. However, I did Ham...lol...yup after all was said and done I chose the easier dinner to make..lol.

Anyway, I did realize though that I didn't want to just bake the Ham. I wanted to add a nice glaze to it. So I went searching and found this Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze here it was super easy and so very yummy. The only thing I noticed was it didn't thicken up like it said that it would. So maybe a little bit of Cornstarch next time would make it a bit thicker and stick to the Ham a bit more. Somehow I missed taking a picture of the Ham as a whole....

I also didn't want to just make the regular mashed potatoes to go with the dinner. So I chose to make Scalloped Potatoes as well as the mashed. I found that Dale over at A CopyCat Cooks made these by Anthony Sedlak from the Food Network Show "The Main" They also were super easy and so, so very yummy!
Again, I forgot to take a picture of the potaotes other then when they were on the table....

There, so I did manage to pull off a nice Holiday dinner afterall!


Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. glad you liked the potoates. they are very yummy. it all looks really good.

    ReplyDelete