Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crunchy Garlic Chicken....AKA...Thank Heavens for Jamie Oliver!

We love Chicken! Done any which way....I even have to tell my kids that any meat we eat is Chicken. It doesn't matter if it's a pork chop, steak, homemade hamburger, fish sticks, etc...to them it's all Chicken!


So again this morning came and it was time for me to decide what to do for dinner. I had some Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts in the freezer and figured that I should be able to find something yummyand easy to do with them. Again, I was bored with the BBQ sauce and putting them on the grill, or shake and bake, and I didn't have anything else for a Stir-Fry, and had already made Chip Chicken this month!. I began my search. I looked at every recipe you could think of....of course there were tonnes that sounded and looked yummy, but I didn't have any of the other ingredients to complete the recipe and was not in the mood to go out and purchase them.


Being a fan of Jamie Oliver and every once and awhile being nudged in his direction from my cousin Dale, I decided to head to his website and have a looksy! MAN, was I glad that I did. I found this recipe. I will DEFINATLEY be making this recipe again, and again and again!


I didn't quite follow it to the letter though. I didn't have the acutal lemon in my fridge, so I opted to use my lemon/pepper seasoning that I have in my spice cupboard. I also added more then 1 clove of garlic. I used 1 garlic clove and 2 teaspoons of minced garlic from the jar (seriously the best invention EVER!). I also added more then the 6 saltine crackers becuase I had 3 pieces of chicken to coat, not 2.


I also didn't flatten my chicken pieces...1. Because I don't own a mallet for my kitchen and 2. Because I didn't want to!



I could have eaten this coating right out of the food processor! The smell coming from my kitchen was FANTASTIC! I can only imagine what it would be like with an actual lemon, and it would certainly be worth it to try this chicken dish with some Tzatziki and roasted Greek Potatoes!...hmmm....might be on the menu next week..lol!















Anyway, I loved it, the boys loved it and Dear Hubby Loved it! So it's going in the will make again pile!

I am so glad that I went and visited Jamie Oliver....I am going to have to search his website for more!!









Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I am making this one tonight!! Will let you know what I think about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You'll never want to make another Chicken dish again!

    ReplyDelete