Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Slow Cooker Kind of Day




I love my slow cooker! If I could use it all the time I would. It makes things so easy, especially with 3 little boys running around all day. You just set it & forget it!



In an attempt to save money, I did a HUGE grocery shop and had bought a big package of Pork Spareribs; which are some of my favorite foods! I was though, bored with idea of either BBQing them or Shake & Bake. I wanted something new, something that would taste good and look good!

I recently discovered a new Recipe website http://www.allrecipes.ca/ and spent some time perusing the Rib recipes....there were TONNES! Until I found one that sounded and looked good! You can find the recipe here.






The recipe wasn't anything spectacular, it was good. The boys ate it, which was my main purpose. Which IS my main purpose for most meals these days. The sauce had a nice heat to it. It does call for 1 cup of Chili Sauce....I only used a 1/2 cup because I had feed it to my children and I am attempting to NOT make more than 1 dish for dinner. I did use 2 teaspoons of a Hot sauce that is loved here in the house, which added the nice heat to the sauce. It could have been a bit thicker too. The meat fell off the bone, and was nice and tender which is a plus.

I served the Ribs with a Garlic Mashed potatoes....which were WONDERFUL. I didn't use any specific recipe for those. Just some minced garlic from a jar (which I have decided I LOVE), some butter, a bit of milk, and a green onion!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them...will definatley make them again with any meal!


Altogether, I am not sure if I would use this recipe again.....I might try a dry rub the next time.

But please enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment