Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Herb Crusted Salmon

In an attempt to get my family to eat different things, aside from the old stand-by Chicken, Pork Chops, Steak and Spaghetti...this last time when I went grocery shopping I bought a whole wild pink Salmon....yes a whole one. (Minus the head of course). I knew that my dear hubby would eat the fish without a problem, the trick was getting my kids to eat it to. Especially after they saw it defrosting in the fridge and almost had a melt down because I had gone fishing without them...lol. No, No, Mommy did not go fishing....well kinda at the fish counter!



I searched and searched for a different way to do the fish. Hubby likes it when I just lather it in butter, cover it in Lemon Pepper seasoning and add a couple of slices of Lemons and just bake it. I wanted something different. I normally don't have a lot of time to prepare dinner and get it on the table, so when a Girlfriend from my son's preschool posted this recipe on her Facebook I thought it looked so yummy! Then last night when I remembered that she had done so, and was amazed that I had all the ingredients in my kitchen I knew that I had to try it.



The recipe calls for Salmon Steaks, which the fish I had was not....so I just cut it up into steaks and discarded the tail and fins. The recipe was easy, fast and yummy. Although I think next time I might try bread crumbs instead of crackers and add a bit more garlic and cheese. You can find the recipe here. I served this with rice, veggies and a salad! But some Garlic Mashed Potatoes would probably be great too!



Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment