Wednesday, November 24, 2010

To Roast or Not to Roast....

Now that the cold weather has arrived...and looks like it's here to stay. I love to make comfort food to eat. I have decided that I can make the comfort foods that my family and I love, but need to re-invent the recipes so that they are a bit healthier. Most comfort foods are loaded with gobs of butter, cream sauces, sugar, etc....basically if you can look at the picture and gain 15lbs then it's a comfort food..lol

I had done my grocery shopping on Sunday....yes my "Me Time", only to come home and try to put things away and realized I did not have enough room in my freezer to put everything. So, in trying to decide what I was going to cook on what day during the week, I pulled the Roasting Chicken and put it in the fridge to make Monday night (Sunday was already taken care of...it was Mom's birthday and we ordered Chinese food..lol).

So Monday afternoon arrived, and I started to panic about how I was going to cook this little bird. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, roasted chicken, roasted turkey and roasted potatoes....so it was a not brainer that I was going to roast it, but with what??? I really didn't have enough ingredients in my pantry to copy Dales Roast Chicken....but I did have a half bottle of Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing from Kraft in the fridge, and a half bag of baby white potatoes. Ta-Da...Dinner has emereged!
I poured the dressing over the Chicken and the halved baby potatoes....turned the oven on to 350 degrees, covered the chicken with tin foil, and put it in the oven for about 2 hours. I did baste the chicken about every half hour....it was sooo good! and super easy!
I served it with Asparagus spears, stove top stuffing, & the potatoes!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. one of my faves too... when all else fails i just do honey and olive oil!!! really, chicken goes with anything. yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete